Yego! (Rhymes with Lego)

on Thursday, February 21, 2008

In Kinyarwandan that means "Yes!" And to all of you who emailed me back this morning after finding out about our webpage or our Rwanda trip I say "Murakoze" (which means thank you.) I'm never surprised at the love of our friends and family, but I'm always happy when I see it so overtly given.

This upcoming Sunday we'll be learning more about our mission trip to Rwanda and a few more words as well. The conversations in the Burton house are getting funny as we learn bits and pieces of the language. And although we'll have an interpreter with our group, it's fun to try out these words on each other. Here's a few more for you...

  • Muraho - Hello
  • Mwaramutse - Good Morning
  • Mwiriwe - Good Afternoon
  • Amakuru - How are you?
  • Nimeza - I'm well.
  • Nikeza - Beautiful
  • Imana Ishimwe - God be praised (Sammie likes to Say this one)
  • Nibyiza - It's cool
  • Ubwiherero Burihe - Where is the bathroom
  • Eeky-Neeky? - How do you say...?
Have a great day & Mwiriwe! Off to softball practice we go for Sammie's team.
Nikeza,
Kelly

0 comments: